Once you have a new WordPress website, you may want to create a blogpost or a page to give your visitors some information. Creating a blogpost or a page is very similar.
To create a blogpost follow these steps
- Login to your website
- On the left hand side, click on Posts, then click on Add New, you can then fill in the title of your post and then write the blogpost in the big text section below the title. You will have controls similar to other programs in your computer like Microsoft Word so you can format the text like you want it.
- On the right hand side you have the Publish section that allows you to Continue reading
Contact Form 7 comes installed with your website. It is a simple but powerful form creator for WordPress. In this post you’ll learn how to use Contact Form 7 to create and edit a basic form.
The basics of the plugin
- After Contact Form 7 is installed, you’ll find a new menu item in your WordPress Dashboard. It is called Contact .
- From the Contact main screen, you will see your first contact form. It comes pre-made for you. Usually called “Contact form 1″
- This screen also shows you the shortcode you’ll need to install this form on a post or a page. It’s handy to have that once you get familiar with your forms and start using and creating a lot of them or a few of them.
This is a critical component of your internet marketing strategy. Getting subscribers on your email list. The idea is that when someone comes to your website, to read an article or your blog, or even buy a product, they may want to stay in touch with you. So you must give them a way to keep in touch, you’re going to ask them to join your newsletter or email list.
You could say:
well, why don’t they just bookmark my website and come back later?
In an ideal world, that’s all Continue reading
I have just migrated most of my frequently asked questions from my other sites into our knowledge base. You can see the first few questions are live now. Free WordPress Installation FAQ.
More to come soon and also a way to accept new submissions!
Sometimes, when you’re customizing your website you may need to measure something on your website or another website you are using as an example.
This could be an image, a video, a logo, or any other element on a website. You can use special software to decode the HTML and CSS code, but that can be tricky and complicated sometime. Continue reading
I was pleasantly surprised to see the results of launching my new venture. That is this website in case you didn’t get the memo. Yes, the one you’re reading this on now.
Real Free Website was born out of the desire and need to help other people be found online. If you’ve been following me for a while, then you know that I actually started setting up free websites for people from my Notagrouch.com blog.
Many people read my personal blog and I often get questions on how to setup a blog or website. Most people don’t need anything fancy. But they need to be online. Whether you are a business owner, a musician, a hobbyist, an athlete or even a student, you need to have a presence online. Continue reading
I thought that it was time to give the Real Free Website a new tagline. I’m retiring the old “Helping people get online, one free website at a time.” As if 3 months was old!
I felt it was a bit of a square tag. The new one is a little more poignant and hopefully speaks better to my core audience. Small businesses, solopreneurs and bloggers that need to jumpstart their online presence with a new fresh website.